FileFlex Zero Trust Data Access brings security and order to the chaos of unstructured data
The FileFlex zero trust data access overlay service provides unified and secure remote access to all unstructured data across your organization helping to mitigate today’s ransomware crisis.
FileFlex Enterprise Brings Plug and Play Zero Trust Data Access to Enterprise Data on a Per Transaction Basis
Using our data access policy server, FileFlex Enterprise continually authenticates, verifies and grants or denies access to information on a per transaction basis via an exchange of anonymous secure tokens.
New encryption keys are generated for every session and tokens are available only per session. The use of tokens protects user and device credentials since they are not stored on the FileFlex Enterprise server or with the service provider (MSP).
Direct access to resources is not permitted. All access is via the connector agent which acts as a proxy for the user.
Remote Access and Sharing of Files and Folders According to Dynamic, Granular Policy
- IT admins use the FileFlex Enterprise Management Console to set access and sharing policies that are determined on a user-by-user or group-by-group basis with storage location, folder, or even granular, file-level access.
- Administrators can make selected devices, folders, or files 'view-only' meaning downloading shared content is prohibited, or they can allow access only and prohibit sharing altogether.
Users can also set their sharing options so that downloading of shared content is not permitted.
- Unauthorized copying of shared files can be prohibited by both users and administrators to maintain control over the privacy of files shared.
Granular File and Folder Level Microsegmentation
- FileFlex Enterprise provides micro-segmented file and folder level access to prevent lateral movement.
No Access to the Infrastructure
- Neither the share recipient nor the FileFlex Enterprise server can access the storage infrastructure. The connector agent fulfills the request, encrypts it, and sends it back to the user thereby abstracting the user from the infrastructure.
- Access to resources is granted only with the least privileges needed to complete the task.
All Resource Authentication and Authorization is Dynamic and Strictly Enforced Before Access is Allowed
- FileFlex Enterprise authenticates and verifies all users for all sessions and transactions.
- Prohibits sharing to unauthenticated users. Sharing is done and consumed in the app using patented technology to authenticate users and does not permit open links that can be forwarded or shared on social media providing organizations control over shared files.
- Restricts administrator access where even administrators cannot use FileFlex Enterprise to access any restricted information beyond what their permission levels permit. Also, all administrator activities are logged.
FileFlex Enterprise Considers All Data Sources and Computing Devices as Resources
- For organizations pursuing a zero trust infrastructure deployment, FileFlex Enterprise isolates and protects remote access to the crown jewel of any organization – its data. Remote data access is the missing piece of zero trust solutions today.
- Protects company information when accessed both from company-owned devices and even when accessed via today's bring your own device (BYOD) use of smartphones, tablets, and computers privately owned by users.
Secures All Communications Regardless of Network Location
- FileFlex Enterprise protects information when accessed over the Internet using a gated AES encrypted hybrid point-to-point system regardless of whether it is located on-premises or on cloud-based assets that are not located on the enterprise-owned network.
- No files are stored on the FileFlex Enterprise server, reducing the organization's threat surface.
- Encryption keys can either be generated in the included PKI server or they can be generated in the secure SGX enclaves of an Intel processor. This protects data transmission even on a system compromised by malware.
- Optional double encryption ensures that the transmitted data is encrypted from sender to receiver (P2P) addressing threats such as man-in-the-middle; snooping and intercept.
Detailed Activity Logging
- Monitors data access and sharing across all storage locations and logs all user and administrator activities – even for in-app activities via public clouds – for audit and regulatory compliance issues.
- The activity log can be imported to the most popular risk management and SIEM systems using common import protocols.
Built Ground Up on a Zero Trust Architecture
And That's Not All… FileFlex Enterprise Software Gives you ZTDA and all the Security Features You Expect.
Active Directory and LDAP Integration
- Supports integration with Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and Active Directory (AD) and Azure AD.
- When a new user is added, they can automatically only access storage as allowed by Active Directory and device permissions.
- When a user is deleted from AD, they instantly lose access to any storage through FileFlex Enterprise, and all their file sharing is turned off reducing risks associated with timing delays or human error caused by having to manage the deletion as two separate actions in two separate systems.
Support for Single Sign-On (SSO) (SAML)
- Supports SSO and SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) open standard as well as the following custom versions from the following providers: OneLogin; Google; Microsoft Azure; HelloID; MiniOrange; Okta, TraitWare, Ping Federate and ForgeRock.
User Authentication of Shared Files
- Sharing to unauthenticated users is prohibited. Sharing is done and consumed in the app using patented technology to authenticate users and does not permit open links that can be forwarded or shared on social media providing organizations control over shared files.
- Device authentication ensures that only authorized devices can use FileFlex Enterprise.
When used with login credentials can be used as an unobtrusive type of two-factor authentication.
- Helps protect against phishing as credentials are only accepted when sent in conjunction with the device fingerprint.
Support for Multi-Factor Authentication and U2F Devices
- Strong two-factor authentication and easy-to-use U2F device support using public key crypto that protects against phishing, session hijacking, man-in-the-middle, and malware attacks.
Protection of Credentials
- To protect user and device credentials, FileFlex Enterprise uses an exchange of anonymous secure tokens for every request.
- FileFlex generates new encryption keys every session and tokens are available only per session. The use of tokens protects user and device credentials since they are not
stored on the FileFlex Enterprise server, the service provider, or with Qnext.
Restricted Administrator Access
- Even administrators cannot use FileFlex Enterprise to access any restricted information beyond what their own permission levels permit. Administrator activities are logged.
Optional Intel® SGX
Has the option of using Intel® SGX platform hardened secure enclaves for encryption key generation to provide added protection at the deepest level – within the silicon itself – and ensure that shared data is not snooped or tampered with at any stage of access or transmission – even if the system is compromised.
Secure, View-Only Option – Downloading Prohibited
- Administrators can make selected files, folders, or devices 'view-only' with downloading of shared content prohibited or they can allow access only and prohibit sharing altogether.
- Users can also set their sharing options so that downloading of shared content is not permitted.
- Unauthorized copying of shared files can be prohibited to maintain control over the privacy of files shared.