A 7×24 operation with very large files (x rays, scans, etc.) that are highly confidential and typically are too big too be downloaded. Medical staff need to view these files around the clock – no matter where they are and what device they are using. All file access must remain HIPAA compliant and be streamed from source locations for easy viewing.
Downtown General Hospital
With FileFlex sharing there is no syncing, no duplication and no third parties
Sharing information is very common in the healthcare industry. Doctors share x-rays with specialists for evaluation and patient files need to be sent to other healthcare providers as a part of patient care. Transfer this data securely while allowing access to medical professionals, when appropriate, from any location.
The problem for healthcare professionals – general practitioners to major hospital complexes is how to remotely share data and ensure that no security breaches are made. Files are confidential and organizations and practitioners must be HIPAA compliant at all times.
FileFlex Enterprise is the ideal EFSS file sharing and collaboration tool for HIPAA Covered Entities and HIPAA Business Associates. That is because the FileFlex server is hosted either by the HIPAA Covered Entity itself or by the HIPAA Business Associate that provides FileFlex to the HIPAA Covered Entity. No Protected Health Information (PHI) or Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is ever stored or transferred to Qnext or third-parties.
The FileFlex Solution… No cloud required
Lifecycle Management of Data
- Because you access files where you stored them, unlike the cloud you do not need to upload, sync or duplicate your files to secondary locations.
- When you store confidential files in the cloud, you are storing them on a computer that is owned and under the control of someone else
Compliance and Collaboration
- FileFlex has advanced fully-compliant encryption. The same level of protection offered by financial, medical, government, law, and others to protect and secure transactions over the internet.
- File version control and tracking ensures compliance, as changes made to a document will automatically deliver the newer version with instant access by all users assigned to the patient or project.
Physician and Patient Communications
- Secure information sharing enables collaboration for improving quality of care.
- File sharing through patient portals or Personal Health Records (PHRs) enhance communication between physician and provider.
Digital Records Sharing and Management
- Transition from paper charts to Electronic Health Records (EHR) enabling the collaboration of multiple medical professionals to remotely review a patient files from source locations in real-time to make decisions.
- Support mobile access to patient files in the doctor’s office, medical clinic, and hospital anytime and anywhere.
- Administrative controls enable permissions on folders and documents and can activate and deactivate user accounts.
- Provide a rich set of file usage and audit reports for corporate governance and regulatory compliance. Auditing Controls, Monitoring and Management.
- Enterprise class encryption and multi-tenancy for data protection, security, and control.
- Detailed monitoring, auditing, and reporting lets administrator see who’s storing and sharing data.
- FileFlex integrates Active Directory and LDAP for existing user authentication and adds a layer of data encryption that ensures full compliancy and as files stay in source locations – data residency is maintained.