Product Development Manager
QNEXT – Is a global developer of disruptive apps and private cloud technologies committed to simplifying and protecting your digital life through innovation, imagination and state-of-the-art software.
We are seeking a smart, team-oriented person who has purpose and is committed to helping us deliver excellent products and solutions to meet our customer’s data access, share, collaboration and security needs. We leverage our global team, located in Canada, USA, Europe and ASIA to bring diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. Come join our fast growing team. Visit us at www.fileflex.com.
Support the efforts and requirements of R&D and marketing teams by providing clear requirements and industry trends through analysis, technical investigation and market research and highlighting product requirements. Embedded within the project development team, this person must be the customer advocate during new product development. The role is accountable for the following areas:
- Prioritize and advocate customer and business needs into the Product development team
- Turn requirements into useful user stories that engineering team can design and solve
- In collaboration with Product Manager author User Needs Document
- Ensure the product requirements are executed upon during new product development
- Create workflow and wireframe for new feature interaction that engineering team can code to.
- Collaborate with key customers and end users to further develop features and application areas during product development
- Conduct/Support external customer evaluation to gain customer insight and test value of features and/or product
- Perform initial technical investigation to feasibility of proposed new features to be integrated.
- Interface with marketing team to support their efforts in positioning of product and features within the Industry space.
- Create, edit, modify and update as appropriate product technical documentation.
- Collect competitive intelligence on competitor’s offerings relevant to product under development. Create customer facing competitive analysis. Train sales and marketing on competitive advantages and differentiators.
- Understand customer vertical segmentation and product fit. Create customer facing use cases. Train sales and marketing on vertical fit, advantages and differentiators.
- Support marketing team launch plan efforts with data and product information.
- Support sales team with product presentations to key prospects as appropriate
- Identify and understand onboarding and app usage issues. Conduct user testing/interviews and focus group for onboarding and UI testing and interface with development team for problem remediation and app improvement
- Incorporate customer feedback and app improvements into online help documentation, FAQs and knowledge base wiki
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years experience in high tech industry
- 3+ years product management experience in software or related tech industry
- 3+ years development / programming experience
- High proficiency in Office productivity tools such as MS Office
- High degree of technical competence and industry knowledge
- Good knowledge of Windows & Linux OS
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Fluent English language skills – oral and written.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment with diverse audiences, management levels, cultures, and personalities
- Willingness to travel (internationally) – Up to 15%
- Occasional work proceeded on evenings or weekends.
The company offers:
- Friendly and open working atmosphere
- Long term commitment
- Competitive remuneration package depending on your experience
You will have the unique opportunity to be sitting with and tutored by a cross-disciplined collective of senior industry executives who have been involved in other successful technology companies in their startup phase.
Qnext It is a small tight-knit team of industry veterans who bring passion and purpose to creating end-to-end solutions located near Toronto, Ontario. At Qnext, disruptive products are the passion of our company, demonstrated in the details. As the product development manager, you will not be just a small part of a big machine. You will be expected to make a meaningful and significant contribution to the creation of a great product, solving problems, making lives better and perhaps even making the world a little better.
Interested applicants should submit CV. Please, list the proper position you are applying for in the Subject Line in your application.
Toronto / Concord Ontario